Things I Did Not Know About St. Louis
- St. Louis' mascot is the Billiken. The Billiken is actually NOT Robin Williams' face on a fluffy cloud body, believe that or not. Instead, it's a figure that represents "things as they ought to be." I love that.
- Nelly is not as easy to find as one might believe.
- St. Louis is home to the second biggest Mardi Gras, only bested by New Orleans. Who knew? We were there the weekend just prior to the big celebration, so I blessedly got to experience some of the great music and decor without the crazy. Though who are we kidding, I would love to go back for the crazy.
- Budweiser is the only beer to go through a beechwood aging process. Beechwood chips are added to the tanks the beer is brewed in to increase the surface area for yeast cells to rest on and ferment, which adds flavor compounds. Phew. Basically, there's a reason it tastes different than Miller Lite or other domestic lite beers. This is not technically a St. Louis fact, but the Budweiser Tour is a blast and should not be missed.
- Budweiser does not enforce the 2-drink maximum on their tour.
- St. Louis is awesome, and I can't wait to go back.